Insomnia and Sleep
You may face difficulty getting to sleep or feel wide awake for long periods before going back to sleep, or indeed wake up in the middle of the night. Persistent insomnia can leave you feeling excessively tired and frustrated, impacting your health, happiness, motivation and performance at work. It can reduce your problem-solving skills and reduce your ability to cope with stressful and intense situations. Lack of sleep has also been linked in many studies to weight gain and reduced immunity.
Signs of Insomnia
- find it difficult to fall asleep
- lie awake for long periods at night
- wake up early and be unable to get back to sleep
- wake up several times during the night
- have difficulty concentrating
- be more irritable than usual
- feel down or have a lower mood
- feel like you have not slept well when you wake up in the morning
Long term problems with sleep can lead you to:
- feel your relationships are suffering
- have a hard time doing everyday tasks
- struggle to maintain a social life
- feel tired during the day
- feel hungrier and snack more
It can be difficult to find the root cause of insomnia, but it can often be linked to a number of factors including anxiety and stress, poor sleep routine and environment, lifestyle factors such as drinking alcohol, taking drugs as well as stimulants such as nicotine and caffeine.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help you reduce your general levels of anxiety and calm your mind at night helping you change your thought patterns and stop the cycle of rumination. You’ll find it easier to relax and drift off into a deep sleep each night.
Take the first step - book a free initial consultation
If you're interested in booking an online or in person appointment, or have any further questions, please contact me today.